Young Persons report 2014 about living in Congleton

A detailed survey of young people in Congleton has been completed commissioned by the Youth Council. This is an introduction from Joe Hearson head of the youth council:

The process of creating this report began in the winter of 2013. It continues to be the aim of Congleton Youth Council to explore the issues and services most important to young people and those which were felt lacking. It is hoped that this report, which contains the views and opinions of 760 young people living, schooling or working in Congleton, will comprehensively classify what young people perceive as the positives and negatives of living in Congleton. The report also provides the Youth Council with the opportunity to analyse the possible causes of our findings.

More specifically this report examines the issues which we felt were likely to be important to young people – transport, education, wellbeing and social issues for example. Because of the scope of such a survey, the Youth Council intend to provide youth-focused organisations in the Congleton area with the report, so that we might better achieve our ultimate goal of making Congleton a better place for Young People.

The conclusions drawn from this statistical analysis, then, will mould the projects that Congleton Youth Council embarks upon over the coming years. It is our intention to work with Congleton Town and Cheshire East Borough Council to find solutions to the negatives this report has exposed, whilst ensuring that the facilities within Congleton that received positive reviews continue to be provided. We also aim to work in conjunction with Fiona Bruce MP for Congleton to continue to improve facilities and services for young people in the area and also to highlight the many positives of life in Congleton. By working with partners, both at a local and national level we believe that clear objectives can be identified and achieved as a direct result of this report.

It is with great pride that I am able to occupy the chair of the Youth Council during this period, in which I hope the Youth Council will continue to work hard to achieve success within the town. I am extremely encouraged by the response yielded from this survey and believe it promotes a positive future for Congleton and for our organisation. As a Youth Council we remain ever-grateful for the support we receive from the Town Council, Fiona Bruce MP and other organisations within Congleton with whom we hope to work in close partnership. We thank you for taking the time to read this report, we hope you find its results both engaging and beneficial and as a Youth Council we look forward to working with you in the future.

Joseph Hearson

Chairman of Congleton Youth Council

Download the full results:

Young Persons report 2014


Senior Forum meeting minutes 18.11.14

The Congleton Partnerships newest group The Senior Forum met on the 18th November 2014.  Steve Foster opened the meeting and all members were introduced  to each other. There were 3 main areas for discussion:

  • Gaps in Provision
  • How we work together
  • How do we communicate with residents

For all the information download the minutes HERE

Date of the next meeting.

Tuesday 27th January 2015

Bridestones Suite, Congleton Town Hall, 6.00 to 8.00pm.



Project and Finance Meeting Minutes 17.11.14

The latest meeting of Projects and Finance committee met on 17th November 2014. Included in the minutes are updates for

  • Town Centre Development
  • Lifestyle opportunity for Congleton
  • Funding requests
  • Town Centre Update – Capitol Walk
  • Public Realm Strategy
  • Neighbourhood Plan


View the full minutes HERE.

Date of the next meeting:
Monday 19th January 2015, The Spencer Suite, Congleton Town Hall.  9.30am

Congleton Sustainability Group meeting 3.11.2014

The latest Congleton Sustainability Group meeting took place on 3rd November. Highlights from the meeting are:

  • Matter Arising- Apple Juice / Cider.  PA to talk to CEBC regarding licencing if and when we start producing Cider. Looking to cap Apple Juice production to 500 bottles the rest of the juice then being turned into Cider. We have a market (including Rode Hall) and the Cider can be made by our current juicer at Dunham Massey. PA hoping to have this licence ready for Rode Hall, December market.
  •  Green Living EBA. MT is working with K.Smith ,chair of governors at EBA with a view to delivering the Green Living Presentation to some of the  students at the academy.
  •  Cheshire Show. MMW to pusue the idea of taking the Green Living story to The Cheshire Show. Carried over from last meeting.
  •  CHS Energy Leaflet Idea. MT working with CHS re the production of 200 energy leaflets, would like to use Jayne Booth’s energy poster somehow.
  •  PA to discuss with CR team as to the idea of an award for Jayne and future students who may take up one of our challenges.
  •  Item 12. Budgets 2015/16. MS prepared a paper for F&P meeting, including CSG’s budget requirements. SF has now to make a further presentation to F&P late November as to our plans and objectives for the next year.


For all the news please download the minutes here.