Congleton Sustainability Group meeting took place recently, download the full minutes from the meeting HERE.
Congleton Community Co-operative – S.Halliday
Report issued by S.Halliday prior to the meeting, but because of the size of the project this has been kept separate from the other Group Reports.
• Tenancy at Will Agreement signed and keys provided for our Open Days
• Site cleared with assistance from:-
• Patti Pinto – Secret Garden
• LOL Foundation
• Book Marks and Posters designed and printed by Congleton High School
• Open Days on 16/17 Apr. 2016 a great success with over 80 people coming to visit.
• Research into best Bank Account to open.
• Incorporation of Community Co-Operative underway.
• Water and Electricity on.
• Grant received from Congleton Town Trust
• Apply again for Grant from Inclosure Trust in Jul. 2016 but they are very interested in the project.
• Other Grants applied for and more to apply for.
• Web Site http://www.congletoncommunityco-op.org registered. Still to be developed.
• Facebook Page – Congleton Community Co-Op up and running
• Change of Use Planning Permission application submitted. Thanks to Anna Morrison for her valuable input.
• Met with Property Manager for Old Saw Mill
• Electrical Engineer appointed and quotations received for Ground Floor (Cafe & Processing area)
• Inventory of requirements drawn up and cutlery, crockery, outside tables, etc., etc. already received from neighbours, friends and associates. Kitchen cabinets received so that we can build counter from them. Lots more needed including half full bags of compost, half full tins of paint, etc.
• Notice given to person who is storing his personal effects at the Old Saw Mill at present. Should be clear by end of May.
• Lots of interest shown for upstairs “open space” from the community, groups, etc., including Police.
• Renault Espace shell now removed from Secret Garden and decking washed down.
• BioLiquid installation being researched.
• Rain trough and grey toilets being considered
• Project Plan developed. Shall request for volunteers to assist. Offers of help already given.
• Wayne Doyle (BoJangles) assisting in requirements for cafe, etc.
• Congleton High School to be engaged to create murals.
• Plans of Land and Property being sought.
• Planning permission has been put in for “Change of Use” (16/2191c) result will be known by 29th June, you can support this application by commenting on line until 26th May.
In Bloom- P.Pinto
Dates for the diary:-
25th May Britain In Bloom route check.
25th July Northwest In Bloom Judging (Tbc)
8th August Britain In Bloom judging day
14th October Britain In Bloom Awards (Birmingham)
Patti updated us on some of the projects:-
11 potential “Children’s Gardens”
Visyon have taken over the site on River Dane Walkway.
270 Hanging baskets ordered.
Tesco , developing the Bark Area at the front of the store.
Community orchard. Fruit bushes and tree area now complete, Apple Core carving now done.
Dane Valley Community Energy-Havannah Hydro.
Feasibility study now complete meeting called for 9th May to discuss findings and practicalities of the project.
Support had already been received from both Eaton Bank Academy and Siemens.
Meeting closed at 11.30pm and adjurned to The Old saw Mill for a site visit.
Next Meeting:- Monday 6th June 2016, 10.00am, Astbury Mere Visitor Centre.