Congleton Sustainability Group Meeting Minutes 17.05.18

Congleton Sustainability Group Meeting took place recently, download full meeting minutes HERE.

Highlights include:

Plastic.

MS to recirculate Ruth (Wilmslow) 20 things we can do list. Would all please review the list and feedback ideas to MS for collation and then discussion at the next meeting.

In Bloom looking to be more upfront about the issue.

GW to pull out positive data regarding Cheshire East’s home collection/ recyclables.

MS recirculate 20 things list. Al feedback ideas to MS

GW get CEBC data.

Need to get an article together for The Chronicle after the next meeting to start to raise Congleton’s awareness of this issue. Whilst what we do will be a drop in the ocean, doing nothing was not an option.

Long term this an issue we can work with our MP on.

 

Dane Valley Community Energy.
Planning application in 18/0773M
Lots of questions being asked by planners that will all need addressing before planning permission can be granted, site meeting this week.
Access to the site to get equipment down to the build is currently the biggest problem. We have 3 options that are being explored.

Neighbourhood Plan.
Plan has now ready to go CEBC for Reg 15.
Once the inspector/examiner has studied it any queries/ questions will come back to our team for action.
Looking at an autumn/September public referendum. It is felt that The partnership may have a role to play here in lifting both public awareness and participation.
DJ made a point that he is no longer involved in the River Valley Project, but that this should be part of the overall delivery plan once the NHP has been formalised.
Next Meeting:-
Mon 4th June 2018 , The Old Saw Mill ,10.00am

It's only fair to share...Share on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someone

Leave a Comment