Dementia Friendly Group meeting took place recently, please download the full meeting minutes HERE.
Care Homes – New Activities. Sara Rathbone and Linda.
Sara briefed us on a new project of hers based on a knitting and crochet scheme working with care homes and teaching these skills. Currently, she is working with Clayton manor and Astbury Mere and is looking to build relationships with Heathview and New Life Church.
Sara can supply and deliver yarn/ wool if required.
Sara to send MS contact details which he will then forward around to group for information and hopefully for more involvement with other organisations.
Business Sticker Criteria
Now that we have businesses that have become more involved we need to set criteria for awarding window stickers and create interest across the rest of the town, to hopefully get more of them involved.
After discussion, the following criteria was agreed.
Standard Criteria (working towards Dementia Friendly status)
- To have run a Dementia Friends awareness session for the majority of staff (paid and volunteer)
- To have carried out a Dementia Friendly Physical Environment Checklist and to have an action plan from the audit with a short term measure identified, eg. Improved signage
Alternatives for Consideration ( eg where there are no premises or limited flexibility to make changes).
- Host a Dementia Friendly event
- Organise a Dementia Friendly Eve.
Development for full accreditation
- Supporting staff eg carers and any staff living with dementia with up to date information and signposting.
Presentation night to be organised after our next meeting on Tuesday 17th Sept ( approx. 5.15pm) MS arrange tea and cakes, hopefully, get the Town Mayor to make the presentations.
DR and CD to invite the businesses.
As her role of chair of Elizabeth’s Group is taking up a lot more of Sue’s time she has had to resign as chair of this group.
New Chair of the Dementia Friendly Congleton Group is Diane Ritherdon. Thanks for taking the role on Diane.
Next Meeting :- Tuesday 17th September followed by a presentation to businesses of their window stickers.
Meeting 3pm to 5pm
Sticker presentation 5.15pm to 6pm.