Dementia Friendly Congleton Group

Dementia Friendly Congleton Group meeting took place recently, download full meeting minutes HERE.

Dementia Friends Awareness Sessions.
DF Target for 2018 is (250)
MS to issue a log recording numbers and businesses / organisations involved.
Sessions currently planned :-

Wed 7th March – Meadowside Medical Centre (DR)
Tues 20 Mar – New Life Church (WI) inc Twiddle Muff knitting. (Sarah.J).
Mon 26th Feb – Mossley (TBC)

If you know of anyone interested in attending these please contact the champions running the sessions as indicated.
MS send out updated registration sheet inc agreement for Photo/Publicity.

SF/MG to contact The Tennis Club.
D.McGifford (outside of the meeting) to contact N.Moorhouse (Dane Mill Business Ctr / Congleton Town Football Club)
Care Homes – wait until after the budget meeting at Cheshire East. Care Homes can approach The Alzheimer’s Soc for professional guidance.
Add to The Youth Forum agenda, Diane happy to come along and set the scene for 10minutes.
Kathy Slater was going to contact Team Parish?

Drop In Sessions / Activity Programme.
An updated programme issued prior to the meeting. We are only capturing a small amount of what is happening in and around Congleton.
MS write out for more information about activities being offered to all of the community centres, look at the possibility of a monthly or bi-monthly leaflet being produced. J.Mac to look at this
Broaden activity away from Dementia although brand subtlety when required.
PA to log what is going on at the OSM afternoon tea events and let MS have the figures.
Ideas for activities:- Big Card Bingo, Memory Photos ( museum could lend us a pack), Blowing Big Bubbles, Music and Sing a long Songs (Jess will send PA some examples)
Jess to contact Rev Murray George re the new service being set up at United Reform Church from March.
Sarah Jacklin to contact Julie Hagan (East Cheshire Hospice) re a wellbeing course for carers and patients. Possible invite Julie to the March DFC Meeting.
Talking Newspaper. Contact Lynn 01270 760104
Choral Soc/ Can’t Sind Choir – M.Butcher may know a contact?
Inclusive Swim Sessions. First one disappointing turnout, however the staff were great. Need to get the message out about these sessions, next 3 are Sat 17th Feb, 3rd March and 21st April. Please display posters and talk to as many people as possible about this opportunity.
JMac to look at leaflet idea.
Jess send Peter some sing a long examples.
Jess contact Rev Murray George.
Sarah to contact Julie Hagan.
M.Butcher, can’t sing choir contact?
AOB.
Mountview / Respite Care.
Clare was approach by The Chronicle for comments around the possible closure of Mountview, this was duly printed and has resulted in quite a lot of feedback and cries for help.

 

Next Meeting:- Tuesday 13th March
Future Meeting Monthly until end of March then look to move to 2 monthly.
2.00pm, Old Saw Mill.

It's only fair to share...Share on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someone

Leave a Comment